CITY RULES PERTAINS TO ALL THINGS OOC (Out Of Character). ALL RULES ARE UPHELD BY THE OOC ADMIN TEAM WHO WORK TOGETHER TO UPHOLD THE RULES OF THE CITY. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT OBEY THE RULES AND RULING OF THE ADMIN TEAM WILL BE DEALT WITH IN AN OOC MANNER. **
There are many OOC offenses that can lead to punishment, more than one short note can cover, but we will list some of the more common infractions and as always the Admin Team has the final say as in ANY dispute OOC or IC. All infractions will have a progressive scale of punishment 1st offense 1 real day ban, 2nd offense 3-day ban, and 3rd offense is Permaban according to the severity of the said offense.
The OOC Tag is ONLY for new people to Gor, if you have been in Gor the OOC tag will be invalid and subject to auto-capture.
*** Please complete an application form if you wish to become a resident.
1. Grieving of any type will not be tolerated and subject to an immediate banning of the offender(s) in question.
2. OOC Harassment is not only a violation of the Linden Labs ToS but here in our city, we have a 0% harassment policy.
3. Leave OOC disputes OOC; we do not want nor endorse taking an OOC grudge into IC.
5. All rulings by the Admin Team are FINAL, please do not try to supersede them or subvert them.
6. Any person does have the right to appeal a decision made by the Admin Team if new evidence or information can be given.
7. NO alts allowed unless pre-approved by the Admin Team PERIOD.
8. No non-Gorean avatars or items allowed.
9. Tarn riders are allowed but the use of tarns is restricted to those approved by the Admin Team.
10. FOLLOW GOOD ROLEPLAY PRACTICE & ETIQUETTE
Manipulating and disrupting roleplay will not be tolerated, and can earn you a sim ban. These behaviors are OOC and will be handled by Sim Moderators and Administrators.
11. NO METAGAMING OF ANY KIND
Metagaming is the use of OOC information to inform or influence roleplay. This includes but is not limited to using group tags, display names, profile contents, and other information not obtained by that character through roleplay. This also includes “birding” information. If you wish to receive or pass a message IC it must be done through roleplay. This includes aids for assistance or allies requesting help.
12. NO GOD-MODING OR POWER GAMING
This is when a character acts without limits or boundaries that they would realistically have. This includes but is not limited to having physical or mental attributes that go beyond what is realistic for even exceptional Goreans, and predetermining or assuming another character’s reactions to your actions.
13. NO NEGATIVE THOUGHT EMOTES
Negative thought emotes/insulting narratives are bad roleplay etiquette as they cannot usually be responded to because no one can read your mind. On this sim, it will be deemed valid roleplay if players should choose to respond to them as if they were spoken aloud in conversation.
14. FADE TO BLACK IF NEEDED
This is a Gorean roleplay sim, which includes the possibility of violence, rape, killing, and other mature themes. By roleplaying here, you accept that these themes may be part of your roleplay. You do not have a right to set limits on acceptably Gorean roleplay. We do not recognize ungorean ‘limits’ to your roleplay and will not enforce them for you. You do, however, have a right to fade to black (FTB) if you do not wish to emote through actions that make you uncomfortable OOC.
If you feel you cannot roleplay through a particular scenario, a simple, polite IM stating that you wish to FTB should be all that is needed. This does not mean the scenario never happened, it simply means you will not roleplay through it. The proper response to an FTB request is “Ok, this is a brief description of the scenario and this is what the end result would be.” We expect all players to respect this, and for FTB scenarios to adhere to all good roleplay practices and etiquette.
15. Rooms and housing are available for free of charge to active role-players. As housing is limited only players that are online as consistent as possible will be allowed to have housing. If you become ill or are away please let us know otherwise if we don’t see you role-playing on the sim and being an active member you may be asked to give up your rental unit if there are players waiting for availability.
16. Parking rule- You may park if you need to step away for restroom breaks, food, quick errands. You may NOT Camp. This means you may not park your avatar on sim for hours and days when you are not in world. This has become an issue as of late if you have issues please contact Bull Dog (Maxtraxx Solo) or Kezef Dragovar or infi (Infinatedepths Resident)